APPROVED PRODUCT CERTIFICATION AGENCY: WIND
Certified components require a label from an approved product certification agency, to comply with International Building Code. Similarly, building officials across the nation recognize TRU Compliance as an approved agency. Subsequently, as a product certification agency, we demonstrate the following to the authority with jurisdiction:
- Independence: An approved agency shall be objective, competent and independent from the manufacturer of the product being certified.
- As a result a manufacturer cannot self certify their own components and maintain independence required for product labeling.
- Personnel: An approved agency shall employ experienced personnel educated in conducting, supervising and evaluating tests and certifications.
- As a result, the staff of TRU Compliance engage with industry codes and are responsible for authoring code provisions presented in ASCE 7 for special seismic certifications.
- Equipment: An approved agency shall have adequate equipment to perform required tests.
- TRU Compliance maintains a network of ISO certified testing facilities capable of performing all required tests needed for compliance with building code provisions.