APPROVED PRODUCT CERTIFICATION AGENCY: WIND
Certified components require a label from an approved product certification agency, to comply with International Building Code. Similarly, building officials across the nation recognize TRU Compliance as an approved agency.
Subsequently, as a product certification agency, we demonstrate the following to the authority with jurisdiction:
- Independence: An approved agency shall be objective, competent and independent from the manufacturer of the product being certified.
- As a result a manufacturer cannot self certify their own components and maintain independence required for product labeling.
- Personnel: An approved agency shall employ experienced personnel educated in conducting, supervising and evaluating tests and certifications.
- As a result, the staff of TRU Compliance engage with industry codes and are responsible for authoring code provisions presented in ASCE 7 for special seismic certifications.
- Equipment: An approved agency shall have adequate equipment to perform required tests.
- TRU Compliance maintains a network of ISO certified testing facilities capable of performing all required tests needed for compliance with building code provisions.
Effective March 17, 2019, this accreditation confirms TRU Compliance conforms to ISO/IEC 17065:2012, the standard governing product certification bodies worldwide. Companies accredited by IAS are listed at www.iasonline.org.